Friday, August 9, 2013

This is NOT a Fashion Trend!!!

I am a fashion designer and illustrator who has recently moved back home to Mississippi.  Since I have been back in my hometown, I have seen so many terrible things that people feel is a fashion trend, and it is not!! My purpose for this blog is to put on blast the terrible fashion trends of Mississippi.  People feel it is okay to look like anything in public, and that is not good.

Wearing Wrap Scarves in Public



Wearing wrap scarves is not a fashion trend!! A wrap scarf is for you to sleep in, not wear out in public!! Please comb your hair!!

Obesity







Obesity is a problem.  This is not a fashion trend, it is a problem.  In case you don't know, Mississippi is #1 in obesity.  People feel it is okay to overfeed themselves and their children, and it is not.  People in my hometown in Mississippi also feel it is okay to weigh over 300 lbs., but once someone says, "I want to lose weight", they are like, "honey, it is nothing wrong with you!"  If you are a healthy eater, vegetarian, or vegan, be prepared to have people ask you questions like, "is it against your religion to eat meat? Are you trying to lose weight? What is wrong with you?" It is crazy.

It is also normal to see overweight children, which is very unhealthy.  I have a three year old cousin.  She is at a normal weight, but because all of her immediate family members, except her uncle, is obese, the family feel there is something wrong with her.  So what do they do? They try to stuff food in her mouth because THEY feel she is malnourished!  Again, OBESITY IS NOT A FASHION TREND!! It is not cute to be in a 7X, and have to wear bead sheets as clothes because you can't fit in ordinary clothing anymore!

Tennis Shoes





When I left Mississippi, I used to always wonder why I was so obsessed with tennis shoes.  When I moved back to Mississippi, I found my answer.  All of the women here wear only tennis shoes!! No matter with what outfit, tennis shoes will be the shoe of choice.  Women, there are other shoes to wear besides tennis shoes!! I am so sick and tired of seeing women in tennis shoes all of the time!! Try flats, wedges, oxfords, something!!

Stay Tuned....There is more to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment